Well of Course Oscar Mayer's Weinermobile Had a Fragrance Button
Recipe of the day
- ‘Mutiny’ Forces Kraft to End Nutrition Labeling Deal with Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Are Hydrox Cookies, the Original Oreo, Really Coming Back?
- Triscuit Flavors: How Many Are There?
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
Before you freak out about the Pizza Hut and tamale perfumes, let it be known that the Weinermobile was the first to develop a food scent, although it might not be perfume.
The Huffington Post reports that old versions of the Weinermobile actually had a magic button that would release the smell of charred Oscar Mayer hot dogs, which current Weinermobile operators have confirmed. Genius marketing, especially when people are choosing between a hot dog and a ham sandwich. How many times have we walked past a food cart only to be lured back by the smells?
Unfortunately, HuffPo reports that the hot dog fragrance button was retired in 1988, and while current 2004 model Weinermobiles have voice-controlled GPS, a walk-in closet, and speakers to blast the Oscar Mayer theme song, the magic button has disappeared. Still, judging from the most recent news, Oscar Mayer might just release a hot dog perfume sometime soon. We'll be waiting to add it to our food perfume collection.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts