Wedding Cake of the Day: Steampunk Cake
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Wedding cakes are an art form — an edible art form for that matter. And for many brides, the wedding cake is just as important as the dress and bouquet on their big day. A wedding cake is not something that is simply eaten and forgotten; it makes a statement with how good it looks, how great it tastes, and it reflects the bride and groom as a couple.
Some couples just get how their loved one ticks. For those that who appreciate the finer inner workings of a relationship (and those who are into sci-fi) Austin Cake Ball gives you their steampunk cake. This stylized cake was inspired by the sub- genre of science fiction that features steam- powered machinery for a very industrial feel.
Their use of metallic colors and tiny cogs are perfectly accentuated by the delicate, themed butterflies that make up this gorgeous cake ball wedding cake.
For this and other amazing wedding cake ideas, check out the accompanying slideshow. From fairy-tale castle cakes to themed movie cakes, there's a cake for everyone.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts