Watch a Video Preview of the elBulli Foundation
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Right after renowned Spanish chef Ferran Adrià drops the launch date for his planned epic online food dictionary La Bullipedia (January 2016), this intense 20-minute long video about the elBulli Foundation hit YouTube.
While plenty of the video involves gorgeous food porn worth watching (and an in-depth tour of the elBulli grounds), here's the gist: the elBulli Foundation is set to debut early 2015, involving an exhibition space to "safeguard the legacy of elBulli" as well as La Bullipedia.
The elBulli grounds will be revamped into a permanent exhibition, presenting "a narrative to help understand its historical and culinary evolution." Exhibits will showcase the history of elBulli in chronological order, include a tour of the kitchen, and allow for people to learn not only about the food, but also about the renewable energy sources used in elBulli. Bonus: there's a store.
Even better, the elBulli Foundation plan includes areas for "experiences," including pop-up dinners and fundraising dinners held for companies and private individuals, allowing the foundation to make some money to support their experimental venture.
Watch below for the full guide to what to expect from Ferran Adrià and Juli Soler. Flowcharts, food porn, and flashy futuristic renderings abound.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts