Watch a Video Preview of the elBulli Foundation
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Right after renowned Spanish chef Ferran Adrià drops the launch date for his planned epic online food dictionary La Bullipedia (January 2016), this intense 20-minute long video about the elBulli Foundation hit YouTube.
While plenty of the video involves gorgeous food porn worth watching (and an in-depth tour of the elBulli grounds), here's the gist: the elBulli Foundation is set to debut early 2015, involving an exhibition space to "safeguard the legacy of elBulli" as well as La Bullipedia.
The elBulli grounds will be revamped into a permanent exhibition, presenting "a narrative to help understand its historical and culinary evolution." Exhibits will showcase the history of elBulli in chronological order, include a tour of the kitchen, and allow for people to learn not only about the food, but also about the renewable energy sources used in elBulli. Bonus: there's a store.
Even better, the elBulli Foundation plan includes areas for "experiences," including pop-up dinners and fundraising dinners held for companies and private individuals, allowing the foundation to make some money to support their experimental venture.
Watch below for the full guide to what to expect from Ferran Adrià and Juli Soler. Flowcharts, food porn, and flashy futuristic renderings abound.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts