Watch Ted Allen Cook "Pretentious Foodie" Fish
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
Chopped judge Ted Allen pokes fun of himself (and foodie culture) in Friday’s upcoming episode of IFC’s Onion News Network. He shows up on the fake morning show Today Now! to promote his (fake) cookbook Pretentious Foodie Bulls--t — a how-to guide for making “fussy little foodie dishes for you and all your a--hole friends.”
Allen explains how to cook a “stupida-- trendy piece of fish coated in some kind of nut you’ve never heard of alongside a purée of baby something-or-other.” “Sounds annoying!” exclaims newscaster Tracy. Click below to watch the profanity-filled video.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts