- Fried Chicken Day
Watch Ted Allen Cook "Pretentious Foodie" Fish
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Burt Shavitz, Roadside Honey-Seller and Face of Burt’s Bees, Dies at 80 Years Old
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Wolfgang Puck
- 6 Surprising Food Facts About America’s Founding Fathers
- Chef Josh Berry on UNION, His New Portland, Maine, Eatery
- 5 Questions with Brian Landry of Borgne and Matt McCallister of FT33
Chopped judge Ted Allen pokes fun of himself (and foodie culture) in Friday’s upcoming episode of IFC’s Onion News Network. He shows up on the fake morning show Today Now! to promote his (fake) cookbook Pretentious Foodie Bulls--t — a how-to guide for making “fussy little foodie dishes for you and all your a--hole friends.”
Allen explains how to cook a “stupida-- trendy piece of fish coated in some kind of nut you’ve never heard of alongside a purée of baby something-or-other.” “Sounds annoying!” exclaims newscaster Tracy. Click below to watch the profanity-filled video.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts