Watch Ted Allen Cook "Pretentious Foodie" Fish
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Chopped judge Ted Allen pokes fun of himself (and foodie culture) in Friday’s upcoming episode of IFC’s Onion News Network. He shows up on the fake morning show Today Now! to promote his (fake) cookbook Pretentious Foodie Bulls--t — a how-to guide for making “fussy little foodie dishes for you and all your a--hole friends.”
Allen explains how to cook a “stupida-- trendy piece of fish coated in some kind of nut you’ve never heard of alongside a purée of baby something-or-other.” “Sounds annoying!” exclaims newscaster Tracy. Click below to watch the profanity-filled video.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts