- Eid al Fitr(Ramadan ends)
Watch Ted Allen Cook "Pretentious Foodie" Fish
Recipe of the day
- The Best Young Culinary Minds: Zagat’s 30 Under 30 List Is Released
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 2
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 1
- Talking Chocolate with Mr. Chocolate, Master Chef Jacques Torres
- Chef JJ Johnson and the Potash Twins Bring a Little Harlem Downtown to The Daily Meal
Chopped judge Ted Allen pokes fun of himself (and foodie culture) in Friday’s upcoming episode of IFC’s Onion News Network. He shows up on the fake morning show Today Now! to promote his (fake) cookbook Pretentious Foodie Bulls--t — a how-to guide for making “fussy little foodie dishes for you and all your a--hole friends.”
Allen explains how to cook a “stupida-- trendy piece of fish coated in some kind of nut you’ve never heard of alongside a purée of baby something-or-other.” “Sounds annoying!” exclaims newscaster Tracy. Click below to watch the profanity-filled video.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts