VIDEO: Chef Dale Talde Opens Up About His Restaurant Opening
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
You'll probably recognize him from Top Chef season four and Top Chef All-Stars, but chef Dale Talde has been quite busy since his last Bravo stint, popping-up bodega restaurants and opening a brick-and-mortar place, Talde, in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn. The Daily Meal's video producer, Ali Rosen, caught up with Talde to talk about how the first couple of months have been since the restaurant's opening and what he has in store for the future.
The restaurant itself is what Talde refers to as a neighborhood Asian-American eatery, which means they're serving up dishes such as pretzel pork-and-chive dumplings, wonton noodle soup with broccoli rabe and a six-minute egg, and crispy oyster and bacon pad thai (one of Talde's favorite dishes on the menu).
Talde has seen an outpouring of support from people living in the neighborhood and has already started to see regular diners come in and enjoy meals on several occasions. He hopes that his visibility and popularity on Top Chef will help to draw more customers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts