VIDEO: Chamomile Sazerac Recipe
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Want to spice up your sazerac? Take after The Daily's cocktail director Naren Young and add chamomile for a light, aromatic cocktail. The sazerac is the official drink of New Orleans, and is made with rye whiskey or cognac. But you don't have to wait until winter again to drink your heavier spirits, Young says — the twist on the sazerac is a lighter cocktail perfect for summer months. Young adds absinthe for the anise character, both rye whiskey and cognac, and chamomile tincture for flavor, and voilà — your summer cool-off drink.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts