The Ultimate Golden Globes Drinking Game
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
If you weren't already planning to tune into the Golden Globe Awards to see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host, you have even more of an excuse: Fey and Poehler shared their own version of a Golden Globes drinking game, which is pretty much perfect.
The Fey and Poehler Golden Globes drinking game, as told to the Hollywood Reporter:
- Drink anytime an actress cries in a speech.
- Drink anytime you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage.
- Drink anytime someone says, "I didn't prepare anything!"
- Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein. (Editor's note: thank goodness for the sub, because you need to carbo-load for all of these drinks.)
- Take off an article of clothing anytime they show Judi Dench.
- Take off an article of clothing anytime Maggie Smith wins.
Naturally, we had to add our own rules to the Fey and Poehler-approved drinking game:
- Drink every time Ryan Seacrest is shorter than who he's interviewing.
- Chug when you see a viral meme forming.
- Do a girl power dance every time Fey and Poehler prove that women can be funny.
- Drink for any reference to 30 Rock and The Office, and their last few episodes.
- Since it’s the Globes — the booziest of the award shows — take a shot whenever anyone mentions drinking/how drunk the audience is.
- Drink every time Anne Hathaway's rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" comes up in a montage (we presume it will, a lot.
- Drink when Lena Dunham (inevitably) wins another award.
- Drink when Homeland sweeps it all.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts