Oscar Party Drinking Game
Helping you party like an Academy Award winner... or loser
What is the best way to celebrate Oscar night? Make like you're in Hollywood and throw a glitzy and glamorous viewing party? Whip up some dishes and drinks inspired by the nominees?
Here's another suggestion: Get together with your favorite fellow movie geeks and play an Oscars-themed drinking game. Just print out the rules below, and make sure you have a tall glass of your favorite drink handy during the broadcast this Sunday!
Take One Sip If:
• An interviewer on the red carpet tells someone they look "fabulous," "gorgeous," or "fierce."
• A winner thanks the Academy.
• A winner pulls out a prepared speech or list of people to thank. (Take another sip if they do this while saying something along the lines of, "This is so unexpected...")
• A winner thanks their parents and/or family.
• A winner says how honored they are to just have been nominated in their category with their peers.
• The same movie wins more than one award.
• Every time 'Scorsese' is said (part of the Bridesmaids' stars drinking game introduced at the Golden Globes).
Take Two Sips If:
• Every time Billy Crystal cracks a joke about being the replacement host for Eddie Murphy.
• Someone forgets the name of the designer they're wearing.
• A presenter messes up their lines.
• Someone trips on camera.
• An actress has an obvious wardrobe malfunction.
• A winner forgets to thank their spouse or significant other.
• If a winner starts to tear up (finish your drink if they actually start to cry).