The Ultimate Campfire Breakfast
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Foods to Get Your Beach Body Ready For Summer
- Dale Talde Shows You How to Make Bulalo, the Bone Marrow Soup Worthy of Manny Pacquiao
- The USDA Will Propose Standards for US-Raised Organic Seafood This Year
- Foods That Keep You Young
- USDA to Stop Handing Out Farm Subsidies to Anyone Not ‘Actively Engaged’ in Farming
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
6 strips bacon
Salt and pepper
1 cup prepared pancake batter (I recommend Bisquik Shake ‘n’ Pour because it is simple)
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1. Place two pans on the grill grate. Grease first pan and add bacon. Cook for about 3 minutes, then using tongs or a fork, flip bacon over. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until ready. Transfer cooked bacon onto paper towels.
2. Pour most of the bacon grease into a paper cup to discard, leaving a little in the pan to cook the eggs in. This will make the eggs extra tasty!
3. Crack eggs into bacon greased pan and scramble. Add cheese, pepper and salt to taste. Periodically stir eggs using spatula. Keep an eye on eggs while preparing pancake hash.
4. Grease other pan. Combine pancake batter, 3 tablespoons of Maple syrup and chocolate chips in small bowl. Then, pour batter onto pan. Break up with spatula and stir batter around in pan. Treat it like you are making scrambled eggs, but with pancake batter! Cook until batter is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
More Good Stuff Here:
- Make Your Own In-N-Out Animal Style Fries
- Secret Menus: Chick-fil-A
- Fact or Fiction: The Negative Calorie Food Fad
- Twist or Dunk: The History of the Oreo
- 7 Ways to Incorporate Truffles
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts