Uber Lets You Order Ice Cream Trucks
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
As we clutch our ice coffees and put our hair up in half-hearted attempts to stay cool in this miserable heat, Uber has decided that it's the perfect time to launch an ice cream promotion. We agree.
The mobile app, which allows super drunk people at 2 a.m. to beat the taxi fights on the street by ordering cars for hire, will now let consumers request an ice cream truck to deliver to their current location. The San Francisco company is offering this promotion in 33 cities in 10 countries, partnering up with a local ice cream truck company to make it happen.
Each ice cream truck order is about $25 to $30 for five to six people stateside, with similar prices internationally. You cannot, unfortunately, order the ice cream truck of your choice, but it beats having to scout one out on Twitter. The promo runs Friday, July 19 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check out the cities where Uber is operating this schtick (even hitting yet-to-launch Uber areas like Miami and Portland), plus their promo video below.
New York City
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts