- Todd English born (1960)
Uber Lets You Order Ice Cream Trucks
Recipe of the day
- Where to Eat Now in New Orleans
- American Brasserie The Fourth Serves a Fabulous Jazz Brunch Just Off New York’s Union Square
- Don Chingon Opens in Brooklyn
- Harry & Ida's Meat and Supply’s Pastrami on Rye has Katz’s Deli Worried
- Questlove to Host the Coolest Brooklyn Food Festival with Dominique Ansel, George Takei, and More
As we clutch our ice coffees and put our hair up in half-hearted attempts to stay cool in this miserable heat, Uber has decided that it's the perfect time to launch an ice cream promotion. We agree.
The mobile app, which allows super drunk people at 2 a.m. to beat the taxi fights on the street by ordering cars for hire, will now let consumers request an ice cream truck to deliver to their current location. The San Francisco company is offering this promotion in 33 cities in 10 countries, partnering up with a local ice cream truck company to make it happen.
Each ice cream truck order is about $25 to $30 for five to six people stateside, with similar prices internationally. You cannot, unfortunately, order the ice cream truck of your choice, but it beats having to scout one out on Twitter. The promo runs Friday, July 19 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check out the cities where Uber is operating this schtick (even hitting yet-to-launch Uber areas like Miami and Portland), plus their promo video below.
New York City
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts