Travel Channel Premiering 'Celebrity Layover,' Mimicking 'Getaway'
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- D.O.M.: A Must-Have Restaurant Experience in Brazil
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
Travel Channel has just announced its upcoming lineup, and while Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods America has obviously been renewed for a fifth season, a new show sounds strangely familiar.
Travel Channel has announced a show, currently being called Celebrity Layover, where a different celebrity shares their favorite place in the world, showing viewers their secret "hot spots, exclusive know-how and personal insights," Eater reports. Sounds strangely familiar to the Anthony Bourdain-produced The Getaway on the upcoming Esquire Network, which "explores the world’s greatest cities through the eyes of a revolving cast of travel-loving celebs."
Bourdain, who left Travel Channel last year to hit up the CNN gang, has casted Joel McHale, Aziz Ansari, Seth and Josh Meyers, Rashida Jones, and Paul Fieg to travel around the world and share their little secrets; No word on who Celebrity Layover will cast, but we can only hope for Mindy Kaling. Or, like, Ryan Gosling. That'd be pretty sweet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts