Top 10 Italian Red Wines
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Having recently tasted a few 2006 Brunellos, my thoughts turned to the reputation of Brunello and where it fits within the hierarchy of Italian wines. While there are some lovely wines from Brunello, it has never been one of my go-to regions in Italy.
This has as much to do with pricing as it does with quality. Sangiovese is a fantastic grape that produces tremendous wines, though I have typically gotten my sangiovese fix in Chianti or Rosso di Montalcino, which can also be great values.
All this got me thinking, what are my favorite Italian red wines? And why? Some may surprise you, but all are worth further investigation!
— Gregory Dal Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts