Top 10 Italian Red Wines
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Having recently tasted a few 2006 Brunellos, my thoughts turned to the reputation of Brunello and where it fits within the hierarchy of Italian wines. While there are some lovely wines from Brunello, it has never been one of my go-to regions in Italy.
This has as much to do with pricing as it does with quality. Sangiovese is a fantastic grape that produces tremendous wines, though I have typically gotten my sangiovese fix in Chianti or Rosso di Montalcino, which can also be great values.
All this got me thinking, what are my favorite Italian red wines? And why? Some may surprise you, but all are worth further investigation!
— Gregory Dal Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts