- First electric stove patented (1896)
10 "Taste of" Cities Across America
The Bite of Oregon
The Bite of Oregon
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015: An Overview
- Off the Beaten Path: Dispatch From the 2015 Atlanta Food & Wine Festival
- Georgia Pellegrini Talks Girl Power, Foraging, and Culinary Travel with The Daily Meal
- A Taste of New Orleans in the Northeast
- Forget Funnel Cake: This Music Festival Places Seasonal, Sustainable Food Center Stage
Whenever you travel to a new city, trying to get a good sense of the food scene on a short trip can be a challenge. After all, there are only so many meals you can squeeze into a day. Plus, knowing where to go to find real local cuisine isn’t always easy. One great way of discovering the food and drink scene that cities have to offer is to travel there during one of the many “Taste of” festivals around the country.
These festivals often bring together the best restaurants and chefs with a selection of the best local wineries or spirit distributors for a multi-day festival. From celebrating the unique food scene in great detail to events highlighting the general culture, community, and culinary talent of a city, these are a great way to see a city at its best. The Bite of Oregon, for example, is a festival focused on food, wine, beer, and music that showcases the city’s dedication to going green. Then, the Taste of Colorado has live entertainment and activities for kids on top of their food and restaurant focus.
Generally held in warmer months, “Taste of” festivals around the country let you get outside to explore and enjoy a sampling of what a city has to offer. It’s also a great way to get to know new establishments or chefs in your own city.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts