- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Taco Bell Finally Names New Doritos Locos Taco
Recipe of the day
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
Finally, Taco Bell has stopped playing the "Guess the flavor" game and instead has come out with the name for their latest Doritos Locos Taco, hitting Taco Bells nationwide Aug. 22.
The latest DLT? Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos, a press release tells us. You're scratching your head to remember a Doritos flavored Fiery? We are, too.
Apparently, the team decided to take a regional spicy Doritos flavor and make a few changes.
"Launching the first two Doritos Locos Tacos were obvious: Nacho Cheese is the top-selling Doritos flavor and our fans asked us for Cool Ranch. For the third DLT, we heard our customers as they told us they wanted something spicy and with flavor," president Brian Niccol said in the release. "So, in another Taco Bell first, we partnered with Frito-Lay to create a DLT that delivers heat, but with a twist, and is available exclusively at Taco Bell. Mirroring the flavors of a regional spicy Doritos chip, we made a few changes based on customer feedback — including the use of a red shell and a more descriptive name — to create Fiery DLT."
Fiery is a completely new flavor that melds together a variety of spicy Doritos, which explains the guessing game in the first place. We see what you did there, Taco Bell. Trick question.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts