- Labor Day
Survival Apps for Food-Loving Campers
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
Who said camping means “roughing it?” How is life rough when you escape your daily routine to stargaze in the heart of wilderness, tell stories in front of a crackling fire, and roast your evening’s meal? Bocconcini basil s’mores anyone?
Camping affords us the inexpensive opportunity to eat fresh, wholesome foods and reconnect with how we used to live. Forget processed, road trip, or restaurant fare, you’re going au naturel in the wild. Just don’t forget your essential secret weapon, your trusty iPhone.
This summer, as you embark on your first or 50th campout, bring a bit of the city into the country with apps to inspire fireside cookouts and even help with the bugs. Apps like Coleman's Camping Cookbook will help you channel your inner Jamie Oliver. It lets you search by cook method (stove, foil, dutch oven, grill, on a stick, etc.), meal, or ingredients and with the app’s added tips and meal planning sections, you have no excuse to not serve sauteed bass in lemon dill butter with vegetable skewers!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts