A Super Bowl Party with Purpose
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
As Super Bowl Sunday quickly approaches, we’re scurrying around prepping and shopping, but before we decide on our menu items and start cooking, let’s make a quick addition — let’s add a good cause to our party planning.
This year, LIVE with Kelly and Michael co-host and Super Bowl veteran Michael Strahan has partnered with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for "St. Jude Game Day. Give Back." Strahan and St. Jude are drafting football fans across the country to party for a purpose on Feb. 3 by hosting St. Jude Game Day. Give Back parties.
The program brings fans of all ages together around the sport they love to raise funds to help St. Jude provide care to some of the world’s sickest children at no cost to their families. The fundraiser is in its third year, and in the past two years thousands of parties hosted across the country have raised more than $2 million for St. Jude.
As part of its Game Day. Give Back program, St. Jude offers a personal fundraising page, spot-on tailgating recipes, and a slew of party-planning tips. Sounds pretty amazing, right?
If you’re interested to learn how you can take your own Super Bowl bash to the next level like Strahan, here’s what you can do:
• Register your bash at www.stjude.org/gameday
• Ask friends and family members to donate whatever they can
That’s all it takes! The fulfillment you and your guests will feel after knowing you made a difference will be so great, you won’t even care about the score of the game. Besides, you're helping kids who are battling a whole lot more than what the Ravens and the 49ers are facing on the field.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts