Tips and Ideas for Hosting a Summer Cocktail Party
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Summer is officially here and whether you're on vacation or looking to relax after a long work week, there is no better way to catch up with friends than with a festive cocktail party. When planning the menu, feature crowd-friendly drinks that will allow your guests can help themselves and a menu of delicious nibbles that you can have prepped in advance — leaving you more time to introduce friends and mingle.
When making your guest list, invite both friends from near and far — and maybe some family, too. Think about those you'd like to introduce to each other, or those who you find interesting and are good conversationalists. Then step back and watch new friendships form. And as a cocktail party isn’t complete without a set of great tunes, check out some of our favorites.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts