Subway Testing Out Doritos Nachos
Recipe of the day
- The 10 Best 24-Hour Chain Restaurants
- Gabe Thompson is Doing a Tex-Mex Brunch Pop-Up at L’Apicio This Weekend, March 28 and 29
- Ivan Ramen Has a New Late Night-Only Pork Belly and Shoulder Ramen
- Tony May's SD26 Changes Ownership
- EXCLUSIVE: Dunkin’ Donuts Debuts New Food Items, Including Oreo Cheesecake Square
Since Taco Bell's Doritos Loco Taco did so well, Subway must be taking a cue from the fast food joint. Foodbeast shares that the "Eat Fresh" restaurant is testing out Doritos Nachos, covering the cheese-powdered chips with extra cheesy goodness and jalapeños.
A Subway representative tells us that the nachos are only available on a trial run at "nontraditional" locations — Subways at department stores, amusement parks, and zoos. College campuses should be next.
Ironically enough, USA Today reports that Subway just snagged a seal of approval from the American Heart Association, which gave its first "Heart-Check" certification to the chain sandwich shop.
Around 42 percent of the chain's food sales meet the AHA's requirements to limit cholesterol, fat, saturated fat, and sodium. According to the AHA, eight sandwiches, nine salads, and four kids meals at Subway meet the "Heart-Check" criteria. We're sure the Doritos Nachos don't count, unless we can sub out the cheese for something like lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes. And take out the Doritos.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts