- Dave "Wendy's" Thomas born (1932)
Steak 'n Shake Launches 7-Patty Burger for $7.77
Steak 'n Shake
Steak 'n Shake
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
- Judge’s Ruling May Kill Sysco-US Food Merger
- Would You Bathe with Beer? One Brand Hopes You Will
Here's another fast-food item for those of the competitive-eating spirit: Eater and Burger Business report that Steak 'n Shake has debuted the 7x7 Steakburger, labeling it "the ultimate challenge." Alternating layers of Steakburger patties and American cheese in between two buns, the 7x7 has some 1,330 calories in one burger. Excellent.
According to the website's nutrition info, the burger alone has 98 grams of fat, 290 milligrams of cholesterol, and 4,490 milligrams of sodium. In real people talk, that's 151 percent of your daily recommended intake of fat, 97 percent of your daily recommended intake of cholesterol, and 187 percent of your daily recommended intake for sodium. So actually, you could probably survive off one of these every day (these numbers are based off the standard 2,000 calories a day, after all).
Naturally, this isn't the first time burger chains have gone overboard with stacking meats and cheese: Jake's Wayback Burgers is reporteldy adding a nine-patty triple-decker burger in March, while In-N-Out has anywhere from a 3x3 to a 4x4 on their menu, even once making a 20x20 for those looking for a challenge. They no longer make the 20x20, but YouTube videos exist as evidence.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts