Steak 'n Shake Launches 7-Patty Burger for $7.77
Recipe of the day
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
Here's another fast-food item for those of the competitive-eating spirit: Eater and Burger Business report that Steak 'n Shake has debuted the 7x7 Steakburger, labeling it "the ultimate challenge." Alternating layers of Steakburger patties and American cheese in between two buns, the 7x7 has some 1,330 calories in one burger. Excellent.
According to the website's nutrition info, the burger alone has 98 grams of fat, 290 milligrams of cholesterol, and 4,490 milligrams of sodium. In real people talk, that's 151 percent of your daily recommended intake of fat, 97 percent of your daily recommended intake of cholesterol, and 187 percent of your daily recommended intake for sodium. So actually, you could probably survive off one of these every day (these numbers are based off the standard 2,000 calories a day, after all).
Naturally, this isn't the first time burger chains have gone overboard with stacking meats and cheese: Jake's Wayback Burgers is reporteldy adding a nine-patty triple-decker burger in March, while In-N-Out has anywhere from a 3x3 to a 4x4 on their menu, even once making a 20x20 for those looking for a challenge. They no longer make the 20x20, but YouTube videos exist as evidence.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts