Starbucks Raises Prices on Clover Coffee
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
In January, Starbucks decided to raise its prices in the Northeast and Sunbelt regions, and we were hoping that meant another price hike would be far, far away. But it looks like they're changing prices on us yet again.
"This was the first price increase for Clover since its introduction in 2008. We incur higher costs associated with procuring and by-the-cup brewing of these very rare coffees," Starbucks told Boston Business Journal.
So now, a "grande" French Roast will cost $2.65 instead of $2.25, and a "short" Sumatra coffee will cost $2.15 instead of $1.75.
Even considering that it's just 40 cents, the price hike is still incredibly large; a short Sumatra coffee is now nearly 23 percent more expensive. Sure, it's not a $23.60 drink, but at least that one was a trenta.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts