- We're independent! Let's cook out!
How Expensive Can a Starbucks Drink Get?
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Perfected Kombucha Beer, the ‘Healthy Alcohol’ Will Soon Hit the Mass Market
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
After receiving a Starbucks Reward Card, Geek on Call decided to create the most expensive drink available (off the menu, obviously).
The trick, it seems, is getting everything in a 31-ounce Trenta cup.
"After about a half-hour with a laughing barista, we created the most expensive drink possible," Logan A. Warren writes on Coffee and Computers. "One Java Chip Frappuccino in a Trenta cup, 16 shots of espresso, a shot of soy milk, caramel flavoring, banana purée, strawberry purée, vanilla beans, Matcha powder, protein powder, and a drizzle of caramel and mocha."
The resulting concoction reportedly had 1400 mg of caffeine (and we don't even want to know the sugar content), enough to send someone to the hospital if taken in one sitting.
As for how it tastes? "Tolerable, but not good," Warren writes. "Imagine a coffee-based health food smoothie that will put you in the hospital if you drink it all. That’s how it tastes… like Jillian Michaels with a touch of Chuck Norris."
Check out the receipt and drink below, courtesy of Warren himself. "Finishing the drink took two days," he told us.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts