Starbucks Endorses Gay Marriage
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Ditches CDs, Teams Up with Spotify to Create ‘Music Ecosystems’
- Study Says Your Coffee Maker Is One of the Dirtiest Things in Your Kitchen
- Starbucks Is Not Liable for Burns Suffered by Officer Who Spilled Coffee on Himself, Jury Finds
- Nobody’s Buying Keurig Coffeemakers Anymore: Company Admits They Made a Serious Mistake
- Coffee 101: How to Order the Best Drink
Starbucks has joined the fight for gay marriage, as Washington state edges closer to becoming the seventh state to approve marriage equality.
Executive vice president of Partner Resources at Starbucks sent an email to business partners yesterday afternoon with the subject, "RE: A Message From Kalen Holmes: Starbucks Supports Marriage Equality."
"Starbucks is proud to join other leading Northwest employers in support of Washington State legislation recognizing marriage equality for same-sex couples," Holmes wrote.
The coffee megachain joins the likes of Microsoft and Nike, which also support the legislation. The Seattle Times reports that the legislation now has enough votes to pass the Senate and the state House, with backing from Gov. Chris Gregoire.
"We are deeply dedicated to embracing diversity and treating one another with respect and dignity, and remain committed to providing an inclusive, supportive, and safe work environment for all of our partners," Holmes wrote. "We look forward to seeing this legislation enacted into law."
See the full letter over at the Seattle Times.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts