- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
St. Louis’s Pappy’s Smokehouse Listed as Some of America’s Best Barbecue
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
This is the restaurant’s second appearance on LocalEat’s list of America’s best barbecue restaurants. In addition, the website has granted Pappy’s the title of best barbecue in St. Louis.
They note several menu highlights including the dry-rubbed, Memphis-style ribs, barbecue salad, spicy sausage, and sweet potato fries.
Having only opened in 2008, the restaurant has already gained acclaim from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, was named one of the top 40 restaurants of 2010 by St. Louis Magazine, was voted the best barbecue in St. Louis by the Riverfront Times, was chosen as one of the 101 best places to chow down in America by the Travel Channel, and received a positive review from us.
On its website, the restaurant reveals its secret: “we prepare delicious, juicy Memphis style BBQ daily using only the best ingredients.” If their previous accolades are any indicator, this method has proven effective for Pappy’s Smokehouse.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts