Sonic Debuts New $0.99 'Happy Hour'
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Sonic Drive-In has been offering a "Happy Hour" for some time now, in which all drinks and slushies are sold for 50 percent off between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. every day. Well, now those drinks have some edible company, as four items have joined them on the happy hour roster.
A four-piece order of onion rings, a two-piece order of mozzarella sticks, a small order of tater tots, or a corn dog can now all be purchased for just $0.99 during those hours.
And while they’re not full-sized servings, they certainly make a solid afternoon snack. This also puts Sonic in the same ballpark as McDonald’s, KFC, and a few other chains that also have dollar menus. McDonald’s is still the true champion in the bang-for-your-single buck field, though, with a wide selection of items that sell for a dollar, including the sausage biscuit and burrito, McDouble, McChicken, side salad, fruit and yogurt parfait, and an ice cream cone.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts