- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Snackshot of the Day: Bloomin' Potatoes, Circleville Pumpkin Show
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 8 of the Most Over-the-Top Movie Theater Snacks
- Hidden Camera Found in a Which Wich Women’s Restroom in Arizona
- Taco Bell Employee Fired for Writing ‘PIG’ on a Police Officer’s Order
- Here’s How Much a Big Mac Would Cost Under a $15 Per Hour Minimum Wage
- The Best Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia Part 4: Steve’s Prince of Steaks
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking. Today's Snackshot comes from Circleville, Ohio, at their annual pumpkin show.
Every year in Ohio, the third weekend of October means one thing: the Circleville Pumpkin Show. It's the best of Midwestern tiny-town charm, fair foods, and the best pumpkin pie you'll have all season. But pumpkin pie is just the tip of the iceberg; throughout the festival you can find pumpkin pizza, pumpkin sloppy Joe's, pumpkin donuts, even pumpkin soda. In this photo, I'm about to be served a mound of bloomin' potatoes doused in nacho cheese, probably to be followed by a ride on the Ferris wheel.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts