'The Situation' Sues Vodka Company for $5 Million
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
While his Jersey Shore castmate is going a different culinary route, The Situation is suing a vodka company he made an endorsement deal with in 2010 for allegedly going back on its contract.
According to the Spirits Business, Mike Sorrentino (aka the Jersey Shore frontman) signed a deal with Devotion Vodka back in 2010. Although Sorrentino has received an 8 percent stake in the company as part of the contract, Devotion Vodka has not given him the extra 2 percent — which Sorrentino claims was his after a one-year anniversary of the deal. Sorrentino also says he was not offered "buy-back" shares in the company at the two-year anniversary of the deal.
Now, Sorrentino is suing the company for $5 milion, or 10 percent of his share of the company. Of course, Sorrentino recently completed a stint in rehab, but he's still hawking the vodka despite being sober.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts