Simple Tzatziki Recipe
Daily Value: 2%
High-Protein, Low-Fat, Low-Sodium
Fat-Free, Low-Fat-Abs, Sugar-Conscious, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||2µg||0%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This easy, Greek-inspired tzatziki recipe works as a dipping sauce on a platter filled with hummus, babaganoush, and grape leaves or as a dressing for a grilled shrimp, lamb, or chicken pita. While I use nonfat Greek yogurt, you're welcome to use full fat (though I promise you don't sacrifice too much in taste in this recipe). Wrapped in an airtight container, it should last about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- One 16-ounce container of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- ½ large cucumber or 1 small cucumber, peeled and grated
- Zest of ¼ lemon and juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Taste and reseason as necessary.
Total time: 5 minutes
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).