- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
A Seattle Food Truck Heads to Portland
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
Portlanders can rejoice, Monte Cristo, the Seattle based food truck, is coming their way.
The Seattle Times reports that the gourmet grilled cheese truck will be going private. There is no word yet on which company they will be serving, but it will be one of Portland’s technology companies.
The truck was originally created by award winning chef Danielle Custer. She had most recently been working in a managerial position at Bon Appetit Management Company (BAMCO), which owns Monte Cristo, and loved getting back into the line of cooking.
Custer will stay in Seattle with BAMCO to oversee other projects that she is working on.
The Portland version of the truck will have a new team and might be adding its own menu items too. It will however remain “holistically” the same to the original.
Custer says that opening another Monte Cristo in Seattle isn’t out of the question since the truck was doing well before the decision to move to Portland. But, it will be in Seattle through mid-August for those who want to grab a final bite or attend the bon voyage lunch party on August 16.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts