Saturday Afternoon Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 35%
Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||245µg||61%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||22g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||3g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Whoever said salad wasn't man food hasn't tried this salad. The secret? Fritos corn chips, fried ground beef, and Italian dressing. Of course, since it's a salad, there's plenty of good-for-you stuff in there, too. It's a perfect meal to kick back and relax with on say, a Saturday afternoon.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey patties, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 large head iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- One 15-ounce can corn, drained
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can medium-sized or large pitted olives, drained
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild Cheddar
- Italian dressing, to taste
- One 10-ounce bag Fritos
In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients except for the chips with the salad dressing. Divide the chips among 6 plates and top each with the salad.
Adapted from "No Girls Allowed: Cookbook for Men" by Greg Ford (Cedar Fort, 2013)Servings: 6
Notes and Substitutions:
Note: As an alternative, you can serve the salad with sour cream and salsa instead of Italian dressing. Mix together the salad ingredients in a bowl, serve over chips, and drizzle a blended mixture of 1 cup sour cream and 1/3 cup salsa.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).