- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
A-Rod Brings His Own Food to Restaurants
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Things You Should Never Say to Someone on a Diet
- You Know You Aren’t Classy When… 5 Food and Drink Choices That Are Socially Unacceptable
- No One Likes It When You’re on Your Phone During Dinner, Study Finds
- An Introvert's Cocktail Party Survival Guide
- How to Survive a Dinner Party When You Don't Like Any of the Food
The Yankee's Alex Rodriguez was reportedly seen bringing his own meal to lunch with girlfriend Torrie Wilson at the Mondrian Hotel in Florida.
The NY Post reports that the slugger is following a high-protein diet for spring training in Florida, so he packs a cooler of food to bring out. He even had the guts to ask the waitress to heat his homemade meal in the kitchen. Bit rude, no?
Wilson, in the meantime, had chips and guac. Poor A-Rod — he can't even eat some guac with his gal.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts