Roca Brothers Plan Interactive Dining Experience
Today on The Daily Meal
- At $2,000 a Seat, Most Expensive Restaurant in the World is a Sensory Overload Experience
- Experience Luxury Among the Clouds at Western Europe's Tallest Elevated Hotel
- 10 Dining Experiences That Soar Beyond the Average Meal
- San Diego's Donovan's Steak & Chop House is a True Fine Dining Experience
- The New Marriott Marquis DC Announces 5 Dining Experiences Including Sports Bar, Speakeasy & Lobby Bar
Chef Joan, pastry chef Jordi, and wine expert Josep Roca of El Cellar de Can Roca in Girona, Spain, are planning Somni, a private audio-visual dinner experience on Dec. 12.
Considered the heir apparent to the now-closed elBulli as the leader in avant-garde cuisine in Catalonia, El Cellar de Can Roca has made The Daily Meal’s inaugural list of the 25 Best Restaurants in Spain and Portugal.
Somni is the brainchild of Jordi Roca and video artist Franc Aleu, according to Eater.com. Dubbed a "culinary opera," the 12-course feast for the senses will be served to 12 guests in an igloo-like space featuring video art and manipulations of smells, colors, and sounds to accompany each course.
Nikki Maniscalco is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts