You need to give my Saute Cod over an Italian Sauce a try! I was not sure what to call the sauce but it is amazing. To make this sauce I started taking out ingredients from the refrigerator and pantry! This recipe follow the Paleo diet and is a delicious Italian dinner for any weeknight or entertaining.
I used cod loin because it is thicker and I wanted a nice piece over the sauce on each individual plate.
Note: We tasted tested this new dish last night and it was very good. The next time I make this sauce I may either try capers or olives.
1. For the Italian sauce: Heat olive oil in a Le Creuset ; add onion and cook until tender over medium-low heat. Add garlic and continue cooking until tender; add yellow peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Then add in capacola and pancetta. Cook for about 3 minutes until the peppers start to soften and the meats start to crisp.
2. Add the tomatoes, thyme, parsley and simmer, stirring often using a wooden spoon, over low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Add the red wine and chicken broth and cook on low heat for another 10-15 minutes. Taste for additional seasonings.
1. Heat a large griddle pan until very hot, add the olive oil. Season the codfish on both sides with thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Add the cod loins to the pan. Lower the heat to medium and sauté until the fish is golden brown on the bottom, about 6-8 minutes. Turn the fish over and finish cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. To serve ladle Italian sauce in the middle of the pate them place sautéed cod in the center and serve immediately.