In honor of National Pasta Month, Cooper's Hawk wants to share a delicious gluten free country rigatoni recipe to launch a new expanded gluten free menu.
1. Begin by placing a saute pan on medium heat, add oil.
2. Slowly add mushrooms and sear well. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add chili flakes, Italian sausage and caramelized onions. Toss well and when hot, deglaze with white wine.
4. When almost dry, add garlic cream sauce and San Marzano sauce. Place back on the heat and bring to a simmer, add chicken and pasta; stir to incorporate.
5. Reduce sauce by about one third and continue to toss
6. Add garlic butter in small pieces to incorporate.
7. Add herbs and toss well.
8. Mound high in the center of a pasta bowl. Finish by garnishing with oven roasted grape tomato halves and grated Parmesan across the top of the pasta.
Place a sauce pot on medium-high heat. Add oil when hot, and add onions. Saute until translucent.
2. Add chopped garlic and continue to saute about 4-5 minutes until garlic is cooked through.
3. Add white wine and reduce until almost dry and syrupy.
4. Add chicken stock and reduce by half.
5. Add cream, white pepper, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, skimming off any excess oil.
6. Blend well with stick blender until smooth, and bring back to simmer. Cook for an additional 5 minutes on low heat.
7. Strain through medium mesh strainer making sure to push all liquid through strainer. Cool and reserve for later. Keep in refrigerator for 1 week.
Place a sauce pot on medium-high heat. When hot, add the EVOO.
2. Add the garlic and onions and saute. Lower the heat slightly and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and translucent. Do not brown.
3. Add oregano and stir well to incorporate.
4. Add white wine and reduce by half.
5. Add tomatoes (crushed by hand) and sugar.
6. Bring to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Sauce should be slightly thick.
8. Season with salt and pepper, and stir well to incorporate. Cool and reserve for later. Keep in refrigerator for 1 week or freeze.