- World Coconut Day
Ramen-Flavored Ice Cream Exists, Kind of Tastes Like Peanut Butter
Recipe of the day
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
We've all had our fair share of strange-flavored foods (I mean, we did that crazy potato chip taste test), but this one might take the cake. Foodbeast introduces us to a ramen-flavored ice cream, a miso ramen mashup available at Namja Town, an indoor theme park in Tokyo. Of course. Japan is the home of takoyaki-flavored soda, after all.
YouTuber Thisjapanesegirl gave it a try and found that it tasted like "some weird peanut butter," and while it sounds fairly disgusting, she reports it's not bad either. But not good. The overall assessment (and her reaction) doesn't look too promising.
While we go whip out some miso in our test kitchen (and our ice cream maker in the middle of winter), watch the full video of Thisjapanesegirl's ice cream adventure below. Personally, we might just stick with our mint chocolate chip, or order a boxfull of Jeni's. We'd like to keep our ice cream sweet, please.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts