Preview Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson's 'The Taste'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Top Chefs Review — and Rate — America's Food Critics
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
While Anthony Bourdain's new show Parts Unknown was already previewed last month (and confirmed our suspicious that it was basically No Reservations except on CNN), we've been sort of itching to see what Bourdain is like in a competitive cooking show. He's eaten goat curry, gotten wasted in plenty of foreign countries, got another tattoo at SXSW, but can he handle some poorly prepared food from wannabe chefs?
In this preview for The Taste, Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre, and Brian Malarkey all blindly judge contestants' food, basing their perceptions of the contestants' cooking skills off one bite. There's a lot of gasping, reaction shots of chefs in some kind of box/cell thing, and Bourdain saying, "This was a food crime." Drama! The series premieres Jan. 22 on ABC. Head on over to Eater for the other three previews (they're all basically the same, although the first one shows that one of the contestants was Charlie Sheen's personal chef).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts