- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Preview Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson's 'The Taste'
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
While Anthony Bourdain's new show Parts Unknown was already previewed last month (and confirmed our suspicious that it was basically No Reservations except on CNN), we've been sort of itching to see what Bourdain is like in a competitive cooking show. He's eaten goat curry, gotten wasted in plenty of foreign countries, got another tattoo at SXSW, but can he handle some poorly prepared food from wannabe chefs?
In this preview for The Taste, Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre, and Brian Malarkey all blindly judge contestants' food, basing their perceptions of the contestants' cooking skills off one bite. There's a lot of gasping, reaction shots of chefs in some kind of box/cell thing, and Bourdain saying, "This was a food crime." Drama! The series premieres Jan. 22 on ABC. Head on over to Eater for the other three previews (they're all basically the same, although the first one shows that one of the contestants was Charlie Sheen's personal chef).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts