Preview Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson's 'The Taste'
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
While Anthony Bourdain's new show Parts Unknown was already previewed last month (and confirmed our suspicious that it was basically No Reservations except on CNN), we've been sort of itching to see what Bourdain is like in a competitive cooking show. He's eaten goat curry, gotten wasted in plenty of foreign countries, got another tattoo at SXSW, but can he handle some poorly prepared food from wannabe chefs?
In this preview for The Taste, Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre, and Brian Malarkey all blindly judge contestants' food, basing their perceptions of the contestants' cooking skills off one bite. There's a lot of gasping, reaction shots of chefs in some kind of box/cell thing, and Bourdain saying, "This was a food crime." Drama! The series premieres Jan. 22 on ABC. Head on over to Eater for the other three previews (they're all basically the same, although the first one shows that one of the contestants was Charlie Sheen's personal chef).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts