PointsPlus Super Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Two 32-ounce cartons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup pasta, such as ditalini
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas, carrots, corn, and green beans
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
- PointsPlus Mexican Clementine and Jicama Salsa
- PointsPlus Balsamic Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Spinach with Tomatoes and Feta
- PointsPlus Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese
- PointsPlus Spicy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- PointsPlus Quinoa and Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad
- PointsPlus Chipotle Black Beans with Orange and Lime
- PointsPlus Fish and Vegetable Curry
There's nothing quite like chicken noodle soup, and sometimes circumstances just call for a big, heaping bowl of the good stuff. Add a little brown rice or quinoa to make this into a meal, or just serve it as is with some warm crusty bread.
Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta, frozen vegetables, and tomatoes. Cook until the pasta is done, about 7 minutes.
Stir in the chicken, Parmesan, lemon juice, remaining salt, pepper, and chives, if using. Cook 1 more minute to heat through, remove from heat, and serve.