Pizza Survives Trip to Space, Probably Inedible
Recipe of the day
- The 10 Best 24-Hour Chain Restaurants
- Gabe Thompson is Doing a Tex-Mex Brunch Pop-Up at L’Apicio This Weekend, March 28 and 29
- Ivan Ramen Has a New Late Night-Only Pork Belly and Shoulder Ramen
- Tony May's SD26 Changes Ownership
- EXCLUSIVE: Dunkin’ Donuts Debuts New Food Items, Including Oreo Cheesecake Square
Restaurant chain Cili celebrated a 15-year anniversary by strapping a pizza onto a weather balloon, training a video camera on said pie, and launching it into the air. The resulting footage is awesome, as usual. The pizza itself has a "15" on it (made from vegetables) and a pepper (the restaurant's logo), flattened by what looks like Plexiglass.
Meanwhile, the brand is calling this the first pizza in space, but we're sure NASA is cooking up ways to send pizza out there. Still, we wouldn't be eating anything that traveled beyond our eyesight on a weather balloon, even if there is a video camera trained on it at all times. We'll take the beer, though. Watch the action below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts