Pizza Survives Trip to Space, Probably Inedible
Recipe of the day
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
- Smooth Jazz and Fine Dining at Spaghettini in Beverly Hills: The Perfect Pairing
Restaurant chain Cili celebrated a 15-year anniversary by strapping a pizza onto a weather balloon, training a video camera on said pie, and launching it into the air. The resulting footage is awesome, as usual. The pizza itself has a "15" on it (made from vegetables) and a pepper (the restaurant's logo), flattened by what looks like Plexiglass.
Meanwhile, the brand is calling this the first pizza in space, but we're sure NASA is cooking up ways to send pizza out there. Still, we wouldn't be eating anything that traveled beyond our eyesight on a weather balloon, even if there is a video camera trained on it at all times. We'll take the beer, though. Watch the action below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts