Pizza Survives Trip to Space, Probably Inedible
Recipe of the day
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
- Chubby Noodle Restaurant Files Trademark Lawsuit Against Fat Noodle Restaurant
- Yes, Starbucks Does Impact the Real Estate Market, and Here’s Why
- Embattled McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson Steps Down after Difficult Year
Restaurant chain Cili celebrated a 15-year anniversary by strapping a pizza onto a weather balloon, training a video camera on said pie, and launching it into the air. The resulting footage is awesome, as usual. The pizza itself has a "15" on it (made from vegetables) and a pepper (the restaurant's logo), flattened by what looks like Plexiglass.
Meanwhile, the brand is calling this the first pizza in space, but we're sure NASA is cooking up ways to send pizza out there. Still, we wouldn't be eating anything that traveled beyond our eyesight on a weather balloon, even if there is a video camera trained on it at all times. We'll take the beer, though. Watch the action below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts