- Taco Day
Pizza Survives Trip to Space, Probably Inedible
Recipe of the day
- Settlers Inn: A Poconos Retreat with a World-Class Chef
- Feinstein’s/ 54 Below: A Rollicking Good Time Below Studio 54
- McDonald’s Revamps Its Build-Your-Own-Burger Program After Finding It ‘Did Not Resonate with Consumers’
- OpenTable Will Soon Charge Upwards of $100 to Guarantee a Seat at Popular Dining Spots
- The 25 Best Cheeseburgers in America
Restaurant chain Cili celebrated a 15-year anniversary by strapping a pizza onto a weather balloon, training a video camera on said pie, and launching it into the air. The resulting footage is awesome, as usual. The pizza itself has a "15" on it (made from vegetables) and a pepper (the restaurant's logo), flattened by what looks like Plexiglass.
Meanwhile, the brand is calling this the first pizza in space, but we're sure NASA is cooking up ways to send pizza out there. Still, we wouldn't be eating anything that traveled beyond our eyesight on a weather balloon, even if there is a video camera trained on it at all times. We'll take the beer, though. Watch the action below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts