Pepsi-Flavored Cheetos Actually Fizz in Your Mouth
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
The flavor option is surprising, because it seemed like the powdered orange cheese flavor of a classic Cheeto was the defining aspect of a Cheeto. If they are no longer cheesy, are they still Cheetos? The philosophical dilemma posed by the new puffed crisps is mind-boggling, but they exist in the world and can be found on the shelves of convenience stores around Japan.
Pepsi and Frito-Lay teamed up for this flavor collaboration, which is called the Shuwa Shuwa Cola flavor. "Shuwa Shuwa" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a soda can makes when opened.
According to the Daily Mail, the chips look like naked Cheetos bereft of their powdered orange covering. And they actually smell like Pepsi, according to several online reviewers.
The weirdest thing about the Pepsi-flavored Cheetos is that they actually fizz in the eater's mouth, just like a soda. Whether that's good or disgusting is likely to be a matter of opinion.
"You can feel the carbonation as you’re eating the corn snacks, it’s really weird," laughed one reviewer. I’m not gonna say it tastes good."
Unfortunately for the novelty-seekers out there, the Pepsi-flavored Cheetos are available only in Japan and Frito-Lay is unlikely to ship them Stateside. They are available on eBay from several international sellers, but prices for the novelty snack start around $7 and have gone up to over $70 as part of a mixed assortment.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts