Paula Deen's Publicist Quits
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- José Andrés Saves Life of Choking Man
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About The Food Network's 'Chopped'
- In The Daily Meal Kitchen with José Andrés, Who Tempts the American Palate with Science
- Buy Your Tickets Now for the I Heart WITS Gala on May 5, Supporting Wellness in Schools
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Say Congratulations at High Street on Market
Nancy Assuncao, who has represented Deen for the past six years, reportedly stepped down last month as Deen negotiated her deal with Novo Nordisk to represent diabetes drug Victoza.
"Although we had a great deal of fun along the way, I could not agree with the new business strategy going forward. Nonetheless, I wish them continued success," Assuncao reportedly told the New York Post.
Luckily for Deen, she's away on her cruise until Jan. 28, meaning she'll be riding out the bad publicity with people who paid money for a Q&A, cooking demo, and personal photo with the celebrity chef.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts