Paula Deen's Publicist Quits
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Nancy Assuncao, who has represented Deen for the past six years, reportedly stepped down last month as Deen negotiated her deal with Novo Nordisk to represent diabetes drug Victoza.
"Although we had a great deal of fun along the way, I could not agree with the new business strategy going forward. Nonetheless, I wish them continued success," Assuncao reportedly told the New York Post.
Luckily for Deen, she's away on her cruise until Jan. 28, meaning she'll be riding out the bad publicity with people who paid money for a Q&A, cooking demo, and personal photo with the celebrity chef.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts