- Todd English born (1960)
Paula Deen's Publicist Quits
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
- Jared Fogle’s Nonprofit Organization Allegedly Failed to Award Any Grants to Schools and Community Groups
Nancy Assuncao, who has represented Deen for the past six years, reportedly stepped down last month as Deen negotiated her deal with Novo Nordisk to represent diabetes drug Victoza.
"Although we had a great deal of fun along the way, I could not agree with the new business strategy going forward. Nonetheless, I wish them continued success," Assuncao reportedly told the New York Post.
Luckily for Deen, she's away on her cruise until Jan. 28, meaning she'll be riding out the bad publicity with people who paid money for a Q&A, cooking demo, and personal photo with the celebrity chef.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts