Paula Deen's Diabetes May Make Her Money, Too
Recipe of the day
- Indian Cuisine: Simpler Than It Appears
- Santina Awarded Two Stars by Pete Wells
- Bill Gates Is Questioning Your Carnivorous Eating Habits
- Wellness Blogger Who Claimed She Beat Brain Cancer Through Diet Admits It Was All a Lie
- Bon Appétit’s Vegas Uncork’d 2015 Will Bring Celebrity Chefs Together on The Strip
The Daily reports that she will be going public with her diagnosis after signing a “multimillion-dollar deal” with a pharmaceutical company. So, she’ll be making money endorsing a drug for diabetes, which was probably caused by all the food she's been making money off of.
The National Enquirer first made claim to this rumor in May; Deen has faced criticism for her fatty foods, with her latest Southern Cooking Bible making the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s top five unhealthiest cookbooks list.
She also has a long-standing rivalry with Anthony Bourdain, who has called her “the worst, most dangerous person to America.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts