- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Paula Deen's Diabetes May Make Her Money, Too
Recipe of the day
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Climbs to the Top of the Space Needle in Seattle
- Chef José Andrés: Donald Trump Is a ‘Clever Maniac’
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Follow Australian Chef Adam Liaw on Social Media
- Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
- Jonathan Waxman and Gavin Kaysen Team Up for JBF’s Taste America in Minneapolis
The Daily reports that she will be going public with her diagnosis after signing a “multimillion-dollar deal” with a pharmaceutical company. So, she’ll be making money endorsing a drug for diabetes, which was probably caused by all the food she's been making money off of.
The National Enquirer first made claim to this rumor in May; Deen has faced criticism for her fatty foods, with her latest Southern Cooking Bible making the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s top five unhealthiest cookbooks list.
She also has a long-standing rivalry with Anthony Bourdain, who has called her “the worst, most dangerous person to America.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts