Paula Deen's Diabetes May Make Her Money, Too
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
The Daily reports that she will be going public with her diagnosis after signing a “multimillion-dollar deal” with a pharmaceutical company. So, she’ll be making money endorsing a drug for diabetes, which was probably caused by all the food she's been making money off of.
The National Enquirer first made claim to this rumor in May; Deen has faced criticism for her fatty foods, with her latest Southern Cooking Bible making the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s top five unhealthiest cookbooks list.
She also has a long-standing rivalry with Anthony Bourdain, who has called her “the worst, most dangerous person to America.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts