Paula Deen's Diabetes May Make Her Money, Too
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
The Daily reports that she will be going public with her diagnosis after signing a “multimillion-dollar deal” with a pharmaceutical company. So, she’ll be making money endorsing a drug for diabetes, which was probably caused by all the food she's been making money off of.
The National Enquirer first made claim to this rumor in May; Deen has faced criticism for her fatty foods, with her latest Southern Cooking Bible making the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s top five unhealthiest cookbooks list.
She also has a long-standing rivalry with Anthony Bourdain, who has called her “the worst, most dangerous person to America.”
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts