Paula Deen Comic Book to Come Out in October
Today on The Daily Meal
- Julia Child Story Immortalized in Comic Book
- Paula Deen Supporters Turn to Books, Cruises, and More News
- Paula Deen Lawyers Trying to Get Out of Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
- The Deen Brothers on Mama Paula Deen, That Donut Burger, and Sibling Rivalry
- Paula Deen's Racist Deposition Transcript Released; Deen Responds
Sure, she admitted to using the "N" word and subsequently lost a dozen or so business partnerships, but at least Paula Deen can rest easy knowing she will forever be able to say she was a comic book character.
Bluewater Productions, which publishes a series of comic books featuring female celebrities, will be releasing a book Female Force: Paula Deen in October, a biography discussing her rise and fall from grace, Reuters reports. "She really changed cooking — and Southern cooking — for women," Bluewater president Darren G. Davis told Reuters.
The book had been in production for months before any of the most recent controversy happened; "We're not jumping on the bandwagon," Davis said, saying they were going to stick with the concept. "We're moving forward with this 'Female Force' series because she fits in with women like Julia Child and Barbara Walters," David added. "We're not going to flambé her."
Deen will be joining the ranks of Martha Stewart, Julia Child, and Oprah, who have all been commemorated with their own comic book from Bluewater.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts