Paula Deen Admits Her Donut Burger Is '1 Serving Per Lifetime'
Today on The Daily Meal
- Weekly Media Mix: Lady Gaga Discusses Italian Food; Paula Deen Unveils Her Poultry Line; and Orange Juice is Artificially Flavored
- Paula Deen Allegedly Admits to Racist Jokes, 'N' Word, 'Slave' Servers
- The Deen Brothers on Mama Paula Deen, That Donut Burger, and Sibling Rivalry
- Paula Deen's Prom Photo and More News
- Media Mix: Paula Deen's Butter Balm; Blood and Chocolate Desserts; and Starbucks' New Coffee
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Guys, Paula Deen was on "Wait Wait... Dont' Tell Me" over the weekend, and the segment is hilarious and light-hearted and surprisingly not defensive.
Host Peter Sagal got the queen of Southern cooking to talk about her donut burger, comfort food, and, of course, the tasteless, slimy, yummarific... tofu. [slideshow:
The story behind her donut burger, of course, was all thanks to chance. "Well those donuts were there, and the hamburgers were there, and I said, what the heck are we using buns for when we got those delicious donuts," Deen says.
Luckily, Deen can laugh at herself, joking that "there's only one catch, Peter. It's only one serving per lifetime."
Also in the segment? Notes on Deen's new furniture line, tips on deep-frying an ottoman ("Oh it's easy honey, you just dipp it in egg"), and recipes for recovering from a heart attack. Listen to the entire segment below, especially as she describes what's in her refrigerator. Strangely enough, she jokes, a bowl of fruit got in there.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts