Padma Lakshmi on Springing Forward and Drinking Champagne Every Day
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
- Michelin-Starred Indian Chef Vikas Khanna Reportedly Approached for Hollywood Biopic
Padma Lakshmi, best known for her role at the helm of cooking competition powerhouse Top Chef, will be in New York over the weekend as part of a promotional effort for the new V8 V-Fusion + Energy drink. A “24th Hour” bus will be cruising around town, handing out samples of their new caffeinated drink and offering massages, manicures, and the like, in order to help folks get over spring-forward-induced sluggishness. Lakshmi took some time out of her busy schedule in order to let us know her thoughts on the time shift.
“I prefer to spring forward than to fall back,” Lakshmi told The Daily Meal. “I do miss that extra hour of sleep, though.”
As to whether she prefers the spring or the fall, her choice was clear. “I’d choose fall,” she said without hesitation. “I love fall because of the colors, and the fact that everyone’s nesting, everyone’s cooking at home, and spending time with family.”
She’d also choose to spend the extra hour with family if every day of the year was the day that we ‘fall back.’ “I’d also spend more time reading,” she said.
When asked what her secrets are to looking good and feeling good, her first answer was, “A good makeup artist!” But beyond that, she stressed the importance of getting lots of sleep, eating right, and making sure that you drink as much as possible, especially when flying (12 ounces per half hour, she advised).
She didn’t specify exactly what we should be drinking plenty of, so we suggested drinking a bottle of champagne daily in order to look and feel your best.
“I’d be looking very different if I drank a bottle of champagne every day!,” she responded.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts