- Moldy Cheese Day
Oscar Night Drinking Game
Recipe of the day
How do you do Oscar Night? Make like you're in Hollywood and throw a glitz and glam viewing party? Whip up some dishes and drinks inspired by the nominees? Here's another suggestion: get together with your favorite fellow movie geeks and play an Oscars-themed drinking game. Just print out the rules below, and make sure you have a tall glass of your favorite drink handy during the broadcast this Sunday!
Take One Sip if:
• An interviewer on the red carpet tells someone they look "fabulous," "gorgeous," or "fierce."
• A winner thanks the Academy.
• A winner pulls out a prepared speech or list of people to thank. (Take another sip if they do this while saying something along the lines of, "This is so unexpected.")
• A winner thanks their parents and/or family.
• A winner says how honored they are to just have been nominated in their category with their peers.
• The same movie wins more than one award.
Take Two Sips if:
• Someone forgets the name of the designer they're wearing.
• A presenter messes up their lines.
• Someone trips on camera.
• An actress is having an obvious wardrobe malfunction.
• A winner forgets to thank their spouse or significant other.
• If a winner starts to tear up (finish it if they actually start to cry).
Take Three Sips if:
• A winner has previously won an Academy Award.
• A winner pulls an Adrien Brody and inappropriately kisses the presenter.
• The camera shows the wrong person when a nominee is called, or the nominee is not in their seat when their category is called.
• A winner gets angry when the "wrap it up" music starts to play and has to cut their acceptance speech short.
• Someone cracks a joke about host James Franco's recent soap opera stint.
Finish Your Drink if:
• Either Colin Firth or Natalie Portman loses in the Best Actor or Best Actress categories.
• You actually listen to the President of the Academy's full speech.
• The camera catches a nominee having an obviously poor or negative reaction to losing.
• Someone rushes the stage (à la Kanye West at the 2009 VMAs).
Have a good suggestion for a rule that wasn't included in the game? Let us know and we'll add it!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts