Oreos Caught in Gay Pride Facebook War
Recipe of the day
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
As usual, the response is mixed. There are the people thanking Oreo for their support of the gay community, and others planning to boycott the cookie. Really.
The photo has gotten more than 150,000 "likes", while others have commented, "Guess what I'm boycotting now? Don't get political, Oreo."
Naturally, the gay-friendly community has now taken over the page, with pro-gay comments like, "Thank you Oreo for supporting the gay community, even though cookies are empty calories I will buy a pack today! ;)"
There's even a Change.org petition to make the seven-layer rainbow Oreo real. So if you just really love the processed, creamy filling, get on it.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts