Oreos Caught in Gay Pride Facebook War
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Taco Bell Might Be Coming Out With Hot Sauce Chips
- Ben & Jerry’s Are Open to Making Marijuana Ice Cream
- Häagen-Dazs Teams Up with Six Artisans Around the Country for Latest Ice Cream Collection
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
As usual, the response is mixed. There are the people thanking Oreo for their support of the gay community, and others planning to boycott the cookie. Really.
The photo has gotten more than 150,000 "likes", while others have commented, "Guess what I'm boycotting now? Don't get political, Oreo."
Naturally, the gay-friendly community has now taken over the page, with pro-gay comments like, "Thank you Oreo for supporting the gay community, even though cookies are empty calories I will buy a pack today! ;)"
There's even a Change.org petition to make the seven-layer rainbow Oreo real. So if you just really love the processed, creamy filling, get on it.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts