- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Oreos Caught in Gay Pride Facebook War
Recipe of the day
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
As usual, the response is mixed. There are the people thanking Oreo for their support of the gay community, and others planning to boycott the cookie. Really.
The photo has gotten more than 150,000 "likes", while others have commented, "Guess what I'm boycotting now? Don't get political, Oreo."
Naturally, the gay-friendly community has now taken over the page, with pro-gay comments like, "Thank you Oreo for supporting the gay community, even though cookies are empty calories I will buy a pack today! ;)"
There's even a Change.org petition to make the seven-layer rainbow Oreo real. So if you just really love the processed, creamy filling, get on it.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts