Oreos Caught in Gay Pride Facebook War
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
As usual, the response is mixed. There are the people thanking Oreo for their support of the gay community, and others planning to boycott the cookie. Really.
The photo has gotten more than 150,000 "likes", while others have commented, "Guess what I'm boycotting now? Don't get political, Oreo."
Naturally, the gay-friendly community has now taken over the page, with pro-gay comments like, "Thank you Oreo for supporting the gay community, even though cookies are empty calories I will buy a pack today! ;)"
There's even a Change.org petition to make the seven-layer rainbow Oreo real. So if you just really love the processed, creamy filling, get on it.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts