1-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Gets World's Biggest Cheeseburger Title
Recipe of the day
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
- Cheez-It’s New Marketing Campaign: Sending a Giant Portrait of Our Writer in Cheez-It Form
While you were at the beach or grilling (or both) this past weekend, some casino workers in Minnesota were building a monstrous bacon cheeseburger for kicks (and press).
The Duluth News Tribune (DNT) reports that the Black Bear Casino Resort in Carlton, Minn., spent hours creating a 2,014-pound bacon cheeseburger Sunday, verified by Guinness as the world's largest bacon cheeseburger.
The entire project reportedly took 60 pounds of bacon, 50 pounds each of lettuce and onions, and 40 pounds each of pickles and cheese. The product, according to Guinness adjudicator, was a "world record burger that actually tastes really good."
According to DNT, the burger took four hours to cook, and the bun took seven hours to bake. A crane was necessary to flip the burger while it cooked, but the final burger (which was 10 feet in diameter) totally killed the last record, which was 881 pounds. Numbers aside, here's a photo to prove it exists.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts