1-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Gets World's Biggest Cheeseburger Title
Recipe of the day
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
While you were at the beach or grilling (or both) this past weekend, some casino workers in Minnesota were building a monstrous bacon cheeseburger for kicks (and press).
The Duluth News Tribune (DNT) reports that the Black Bear Casino Resort in Carlton, Minn., spent hours creating a 2,014-pound bacon cheeseburger Sunday, verified by Guinness as the world's largest bacon cheeseburger.
The entire project reportedly took 60 pounds of bacon, 50 pounds each of lettuce and onions, and 40 pounds each of pickles and cheese. The product, according to Guinness adjudicator, was a "world record burger that actually tastes really good."
According to DNT, the burger took four hours to cook, and the bun took seven hours to bake. A crane was necessary to flip the burger while it cooked, but the final burger (which was 10 feet in diameter) totally killed the last record, which was 881 pounds. Numbers aside, here's a photo to prove it exists.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts