- Food Bank Week Begins
Nobu Matsuhisa Gets a Cruise
Recipe of the day
- Courtyard Restaurant in Botswana is a Unique Experience in Cuisine and Culture
- Italy Throws a Great Party But Still Hasn’t Found the Solution to World Hunger
- The Waffle House Museum Will Make You Book a Flight to Georgia Immediately
- Dubai’s Qbara Sets the Pace for Modern Arabian Cuisine
- The 8 Best All-You-Can-Eat Cruise Ship Buffets
Nobu Matsuhisa, one of the most powerful people in food in 2011, is the next celebrity to helm a cruise, serving as executive chef at his onboard restaurants on Crystal Serenity (he'll be serving his famous miso black cod).
The chef will be signing autographs, personally preparing dishes, giving cooking instructions, and taking photos with the guests. Crystal promises "nightly appearances and guest mingling," an "Omakase" dinner with pairings (for an extra fee), an "intimate" cooking class, and a demo for all the guests.
Matsuhisa's cruise departs May 24 from London/Dover for a 12-day western European and Mediterranean trip. Fares start at $3,955 a person, more than double what Paula Deen's cruise cost.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts