- Frappe Day
Watch: Sushi Chef Shows Off Blindfolded Knife Skills
Recipe of the day
- Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
- Jonathan Waxman and Gavin Kaysen Team Up for JBF’s Taste America in Minneapolis
- The Crack Shack from Richard Blais Will Serve Chicken and Eggs All Day
- One of Gordon Ramsay’s Head Chefs Is Looking to Open Her Own Restaurant
- The First Season of ‘Barefoot Contessa’ Is Now on Netflix
It’s difficult enough chopping vegetables with your eyes firmly on the knife, hoping that you don’t slip and end up with a little… extra dressing in your salad. But what about chopping veggies with your eyes closed? Meet chef Hiro Terada, the sushi chef at NoVe Kitchen and Bar in Miami, Florida, who is so talented with the blade that he made a video of himself chopping cucumbers and an onion with his eyes closed!
You won’t believe Terada’s quick knife skills as he cuts an entire hollowed-out cucumber into thin ribbons in less than 40 seconds! Next he chops half of an onion into super-thin slices in a lightning-fast 30 seconds.
Terada can do even more with his eyes open! In NoVe Kitchen’s other videos, which you can check out here, the master sushi chef turns a cucumber into a “live and moving” snake with his precise chopping skills and some salted water, and demonstrates (with his fingers dangerously close to the blade), his amazing cutting techniques using the sharpest knife in the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts