Watch: Sushi Chef Shows Off Blindfolded Knife Skills
Recipe of the day
- Doctors Call for Removal of Dr. Oz from Columbia University Faculty, Citing ‘Disdain for Science’
- An Interview with James Beard Award Finalist Spike Gjerde
- Chef Craig Lieckfelt: Detroit's Culinary Champion
- America's Most Successful Chefs of 2015
- Danny Meyer and Ina Garten Made the Time 100 Most Influential People of 2015
It’s difficult enough chopping vegetables with your eyes firmly on the knife, hoping that you don’t slip and end up with a little… extra dressing in your salad. But what about chopping veggies with your eyes closed? Meet chef Hiro Terada, the sushi chef at NoVe Kitchen and Bar in Miami, Florida, who is so talented with the blade that he made a video of himself chopping cucumbers and an onion with his eyes closed!
You won’t believe Terada’s quick knife skills as he cuts an entire hollowed-out cucumber into thin ribbons in less than 40 seconds! Next he chops half of an onion into super-thin slices in a lightning-fast 30 seconds.
Terada can do even more with his eyes open! In NoVe Kitchen’s other videos, which you can check out here, the master sushi chef turns a cucumber into a “live and moving” snake with his precise chopping skills and some salted water, and demonstrates (with his fingers dangerously close to the blade), his amazing cutting techniques using the sharpest knife in the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts