Spiaggia's Tony Mantuano Heads to Miami with Lorenzo
Recipe of the day
- Whataburger Donates $100,000 to Help Texas Flood Relief Efforts
- Sublime Doughnuts Serves the Best Donut in Altanta
- What’s Happening in Washington, DC: May 25, 2015
- Chef Louis DiBiccari’s Fourth-Annual CREATE Returns to Boston this June
- Bob’s Donut and Pastry Shop Serves the Best Donut in San Francisco
The Chicago chef behind James Beard Outstanding Restaurant nominee Spiaggia opens his Miami spot Lorenzo tonight.
The South Beach restaurant reportedly features the "greatest hits" from Spiaggia and Café Spiaggia, with menu items including pastas, pizzettes, grilled meats, and seafood, plus cocktails from Michael Jack Pazdon of Napa Valley's Goose & Gander.
"Miami is a vibrant city that attracts a global audience and is a perfect location to open a restaurant inspired by Italian cuisine and culture," said Mantuano in a press release. "I’m looking forward to incorporating the different ingredients and products available in Florida to my culinary approach and pairing them with enticing cocktails and an excellent wine list."
This is Mantuano's first move outside the Midwest; he currently has four restaurants in Chicago, including Bar Toma and Terzo Piano at the Art Institute of Chicago, as well as a family restaurant Mangia in Kenosha, Wis.
Lorenzo is located adjacent to the Redbury South Beach Hotel, at 1776 Collins Ave. Check out the opening menu below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts