- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Spiaggia's Tony Mantuano Heads to Miami with Lorenzo
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- DoorDash Begins Delivery of Food and More From 7-Eleven
- This Guy Ate Every New York Pizza Slice, Lived to Tell the Tale, and Wrote a Memoir
- Pizza Ice Cream Is Now a Thing, Thanks to the Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants Part 7: Koi Palace
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants Part 6: San Tung
The Chicago chef behind James Beard Outstanding Restaurant nominee Spiaggia opens his Miami spot Lorenzo tonight.
The South Beach restaurant reportedly features the "greatest hits" from Spiaggia and Café Spiaggia, with menu items including pastas, pizzettes, grilled meats, and seafood, plus cocktails from Michael Jack Pazdon of Napa Valley's Goose & Gander.
"Miami is a vibrant city that attracts a global audience and is a perfect location to open a restaurant inspired by Italian cuisine and culture," said Mantuano in a press release. "I’m looking forward to incorporating the different ingredients and products available in Florida to my culinary approach and pairing them with enticing cocktails and an excellent wine list."
This is Mantuano's first move outside the Midwest; he currently has four restaurants in Chicago, including Bar Toma and Terzo Piano at the Art Institute of Chicago, as well as a family restaurant Mangia in Kenosha, Wis.
Lorenzo is located adjacent to the Redbury South Beach Hotel, at 1776 Collins Ave. Check out the opening menu below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts