- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Pringles Releasing Pecan Pie, Dessert Flavors
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks and Evolution Fresh Now Make Individual Fruit-on-the-Bottom Greek Yogurts
- Kraft Recalls American and White American Singles, Says Plastic Wrapper Is a Choking Hazard
- Maui, Hawaii's Grand Wailea Spa Incorporates Local Products into Relaxing Treatments
- Bananas Get Quick-Thinking Swede Out of Speeding Ticket
- The Best and Worst Products at Trader Joe’s Roundup: Part Two
Chicken and waffles chips might not be so strange now; Pringles has unveiled a holiday line of snacks, and the flavors veer more to the sweet side.
Consumerist pointed out the existence of Pecan Pie Pringles earlier this week, while BakeryandSnacks.com reports that mint chocolate chip and cinnamon and sugar would be the next chip to hit storeshelves in the U.K.
BakeryandSnacks reports that the latter two flavors will be available at Tesco, Morrisons, and Sainsbury's, but Pringles' Pecan Pie has been spotted at Dollar General stores nationwide.
Last year, Pringles debuted pumpkin pie, mint white chocolate, and cinnamon sugar chips around the holiday season stateside, and if you've ever had cinnamony, buttery tortillas, you can understand the appeal of sweet potato chips.
"The trend over the past few years has been for bringing combined sweet-savory flavors into new areas, for examples in cocktails and spirits, chocolate, and ice cream in particular," Montse Sanchez-Pena of Pringles' flavor department in Europe told BakeryandSnacks.
It seems like the dessert chips are doing well; on the Pringles Facebook page, one commenter says, "Our family is on our 6th can of Pecan Pie Pringles in the past 3 days! Please Please Please keep this flavor year round!" Meanwhile, we can probably expect more mint chocolate and cinnamon sugar stateside in the future, as Pringles notes, "Our Holiday flavors are only beginning to be rolled out."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts